Remember about a month ago, I wrote on the Pepsi Max Field of Dreams team? It was a contest that gave fans a chance to vote on who they thought were the best players at each position on the baseball diamond.
The list was comprised of living legends, so guys like Honus Wagner and Ty Cobb are not on the list. The best thing about this list is the winner of this contest will get to play a game against these players, in their hometown. This is one of the best contests I have ever heard about.
And who was voted on to this dream team? Let’s take a look.
• Starting Pitcher – Randy Johnson
• Catcher – Johnny Bench
• First Baseman – Frank Thomas
• Second Baseman – Rod Carew
• Third Baseman – Mike Schmidt
• Short Stop – Cal Ripken, Jr.
• Outfielders – Ken Griffey, Jr., Tony Gwynn and Reggie Jackson
• Relief Pitcher – Dennis Eckersley
• Designated Hitter – Edgar Martinez
Nice to see the Big Hurt part of the final roster.
On September 14, Pepsi MAX will announce the four fan finalists on MLB.com/PepsiMAX, who will each begin campaigning for their chance to take on this real-life fantasy team with ten of their friends in their local community surrounded by family, friends and baseball fans.
I’ll keep you informed.